In Vajrayana Buddhism, Tara is the greatest rescuer and goddess of kindness, best regarded as a feminine counterpart to a bodhisattva. She has 21 different forms, each form serving different aspects. Here are the names of all 21 Taras and the aspects that each one serves.
1. NYURMA PAMO - Semi-wrathful and red in colour. Increases Bodhicitta (state of awakening) and conquers hardship
<OM TARE TUTTARE TURE BODHICITTA SVAHA>
2. LOTER YANG CHENMA - peaceful and white in colour. She imparts knowledge and intelligence
<OM TARE TUTTARE TURE PRAJNA HRIM HRIM SVAHA>
3. SERMO SÖNAM TOBKYÉ - peaceful and golden yellow in colour. She imparts wealth, longevity and guides individuals towards freedom through the six paramitas. (Generosity, discipline, patience, hard work, meditative stability and unparalleled wisdom.)
<OM TARE TUTTARE TURE MAHA PUNYE SVAHA>
4. TSUGTOR NAMGYALMA - peaceful and golden yellow in colour. She conquers all evil and harmful emotions.
<OM TARE TUTTARE TURE AYUR DATE BHRUM SVAHA>
5. RIGJÉ LHAMO - Semi-wrathful and red in colour. She destroys arrogant pride and completes the four enlightened actions which are ameliorating, strengthening, magnetizing and repressing.
<OM TARE TUTTARE TURE KURU KULLE NRI DZA SVAHA>
6. JIGJÉ CHENMO - Wrathful and dark red in colour. She destroys negative forces and demons who causes delusion, insanity and memory loss.
<OM TARE TUTTARE TURE SARVA BIGHNEN BAM HUNG PHAT SVAHA>
7. ZHENGYI MITUBMA - Wrathful and black in colour. She eliminates evil deeds, wars and natural disasters.
<OM TARE TUTTARE TURE VAJRA TAKA HANA LITSA PHAT SVAHA>
8. ZHEN MIGYALWA’I PAMO - Wrathful and dark red in colour. She is capable of eliminating the four Maras (Devaputra, Skandra, Klesha and Yama).
<OM TARE TUTTARE TURE DAHA PATSA HUNG PHAT SVAHA>
9. SENGDENG NAG - peaceful and blueish green in colour. She protects individuals from the eight great fears ( attachment, false views, pride, jealousy, anger, doubt, greed and ignorance).
< OM TARE TUTTARE TURE DANA TRAYA SVAHA>
10. JIGTEN SUMLÉ GYALMA - peaceful and red in colour. She brings happiness to all beings, empowers them and set them on the path of freedom.
<OM TARE TUTTARE TURE LOKA PASHAM KURU SVAHA>
11. NORTERMA - semi-wrathful and golden red in color. She blesses the entire world and frees beings from the sufferings of poverty and bestows wealth.
<OM TARE TUTTARE TURE MAMA BASU PUSHTIM KURU SVAHA>
12. TASHI DÖNJÉ MA - peaceful and gold in colour. She brings about favourable conditions, timely seasons, prosperity and harmony on earth.
<OM TARE TUTTARE TURE MANGALAM SHRI MAHA PANI SVAHA>
13. YULLAY GYALJÉ - semi-wrathful, three-eyes and red in colour. She brings about endless joy and protects all beings from war and obstacles.
<OM TARE TUTTARE TURE VAJRA DZAWALA PHAT PHAT RAKSHA RAKSHA SVAHA >
14. TRONYER CHENMA - Wrathful, frowning and black in colour. She eliminates negative forces and evil of the nine kinds of harm-doers, eight classes of spirits, and obstructing forces.
<OM TARE TUTTARE TURE HUNG HUNG HAM SHAM TRIG NAN PHAT SVAHA>
15. RABZHIMA - peaceful and white in colour. She cleanses all evil deeds and obscurations that cause rebirth in the lower realms.
<OM TARE TUTTARE TURE SARVA PAPAM GATE GATE SVAHA>
16. RIG NGAG TOBZHOM - peaceful and red in color. She bestows the power of true speech to those who pray to her. She is also able to eliminate the power of curses, evil, and all negativity.
<OM TARE TUTTARE TURE TRAM DU TRINA TRAM DU PHAT SVAHA>
17. PAGMÉ NÖNMA - peaceful and golden red in color. She has the ability to subdue criminals, creating a blissful place for sentient beings.
<OM TARE TUTTARE TURE HUNG HUNG BAM HO SVAHA>
18. MAJA CHENMO - peaceful and white in color. She eliminates all poison from the environment and sentient beings so as to protect everyone from it.
<OM TARE TUTTARE TURE SARVA VISHA TARA PHAT SVAHA>
19. DUGKARMO - peaceful and white in color. If her mantra is recited, it can bring the partitioner happiness. This will cause his or her body, speech and mind to be filled with power and joy. She is also able to get rid of curses and bad dreams.
<OM TARE TUTTARE TURE HUNG HUNG PHAT PHAT RAKSHA RAKSHA MAM SVAHA>
20. RITRÖ LOMA GYÖNMA - peaceful and yellow red in colour. Reciting her mantras will expel all deadly plagues, including its causes and effects.
<OM TARE TUTTARE TURE NAMA TARE MANO HARA HUNG HARA SVAHA>
21. LHAMO ÖZER CHENMA - peaceful and white in color. She is able to replenish the longevity and life force of the sic and pacify all obstacles.
<̌OM TARE TUTTARE TURE MARITSE YE TSE BHRUM NRI DZA SVAHA>