Placing plants in your home has many benefits. Not only does it make your house look livelier, it also has health benefits such as providing more oxygen, removes harmful toxins and can improve productivity. In addition, there are some plants that are great for Feng Shui and could bring in good energy. However, there are plants that you should avoid as it could drain your energy. Here are some plants that are good and bad for Feng Shui and its representations.
- Money tree - A popular plant known to attract and enhance wealth and abundance. When placing these plants inside your house, it is best placed at your wealth spot according to your home’s Bagua map.
- Bamboo - Bamboos represents growth, endurance and protection. The representation also differs depending on the number of stalks that are placed together.
- Jade Plant - Its bright green leaves symbolizes growth and rejuvenation. The shape of its leaves resembles jade stones, which represents wealth and prosperity. Place this near the entrance of shops to bring success or place it on spots that you wish to improve according to your home’s Bagua Map. For example, place the jade plant at your Family spot (Zhen) if you wish to improve harmony and health in your home.
- Snake plant - Although the snake plant has a sharp end, it can actually chase away negative chi and protect the space you place it in. It is best placed outdoors such as balconies.
- Prosperity plant (Fa cai plant) - Prosperity plants are known to attract wealth and bring about good fortune. Its leaves resemble a string of ancient Chinese coins which makes its very auspicious. Place this plant at your wealth spot according to your home’s Bagua map.
- Cactus - As cactuses are sharp, it has Sha Qi or sharp energy. This could cause the energy to be directed to your body and drain your personal energy. Thus, it is not so good for Feng Shui.
- Dying plants - dying plants symbolises neglect and its draining energy can be accumulated. The accumulated energy directly affects your body and drains your personal energy. Promptly remove any browning parts of the plants.
- Fake plants - It is not desirable to have fake plants as it does not have natural energy thus, it does not work in improving the Feng Shui in your home. Fake plants can also contradict natural energy, which would cause disharmony in the flow of energies. Best to use real plants.